Saturday, May 22, 2010

May=Ehlers Danlos Awareness Month

Okay, so it has been a super long time since I posted--I really need to get better at this, and I promise I will try. But, here's an update on what's been going on since my last post....
As far as medically, the doctors decided they didn't want to do surgery on my knee so I've just been trying to be careful, do some strengthening, and we've been taping and bracing it. I went back for a check up in Colorado on my hip and they said that it is looking really good, I finally got my brace off (only had to have it on for about 4 1/2 months), I get to start some additional strengthening stuff on it. and I'm just supposed to take it slow and be very, very careful!!! Alot of my other joints--my wrists, fingers, shoulder, knee, and stuff have been getting worse and having lots of problems, but the doctors have said that as of right now there's nothing really we can do for them besides bracing them (I have braces for both thumbs, one wrist, about 5 fingers, and my knee), taking it easy, and doing what little easy things I can to strengthen them. But, things are going pretty good. I've been sick the last couple weeks with abdominal pains, headaches, sinus, and then a virus, but I went to the doctor today and got some medicine, so hopefully it should start going away in a couple days. I gave it to my mom though--I feel bad...sorry mom!!!
On other notes...Spring semester ended and I was able to finish with a 4.0! Yea!!! I'm taking summer semester off, but am studying some different stuff on my own to try and be ready for fall semester. I finally finished painting my shelf and a couple other things and hanging it up in my room that I redid, did some cleaning and organizing, so it's finally almost finished! I'll have to take some pics and show ya when it's all done...I like it!
And finally, to end this post, I'll get to the title of my entry..."May=Ehlers Danlos Awareness Month"! So, as most of you probably know, I have a rare collagen disease called Ehlers Danlos that I was diagnosed with about a year and a half ago. Anyways, May is Ehlers Danlos Awaress Month and we're (the ehlers danlos national foundation and the eds--ehlers danlos syndrome--community) trying to get it recognized in each state and raise awareness about it because it is so unheard of. So I thought that I would post about it on my blog to let you all know that it is Ehlers Danlos Awareness month and I'd really appreciate the support from all of you on this subject that is very important to me! If you have any questions about it or would like to know more information on it, you can always ask me--please feel free to--or you can visit the national foundation website at: www.ednf.org There's actually a big learning conference this summer in July (for the annual learning convention and celebrating 25 years of the foundation)back in Baltimore that I want to try and go to.
Well, I hope that each of you are doing wonderful! I will try to post again very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Always nice to hear your updates! Awesome on the 4.0! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete