Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Verdict is in...

I got a call from my doctor's office in Colorado this afternoon, and the nurse--she's so sweet, I just love her--told me that she was calling to let me know that the doctor had looked at my MRI today and said....that it looks like I've torn my hip capsule back open! :(
They said this keeps happening because of my Ehlers Danlos, and he doesn't want to keep going in and doing surgery every time it tears back open to close it back up. (I've already had surgery on that one hip twice within the last year.) So, they want me to stay in my brace (it's so lovely...I'll have to post a pic...haha...it's black and goes from my ribs, around my waist, and down to my ankle) for at least the next 6 weeks, use my crutch still--mostly for support (and only one because I can't really use the other one due to my recent shoulder reconstruction)--and we'll do another MRI in 6 weeks.
I can take my brace off and get in a pool and just walk around--carefully--but no extension (beyond 0 degrees--so straight with my body) or external rotation.
So, let's cross our fingers and hope it calms down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment