Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting Ready...

This weekend has been very busy trying to get things all ready to leave for my trip to Colorado. My mom and I are flying out Tuesday morning around 9am, so this weekend's been full of packing, shopping for some things, finish some last minute Christmas presents (so that everything will be ready for when we get home), spending time with family and friends, and finally by last night...CRASHING IN BED!!!
As hard as it is for me to want to accept or realize, I'm learning my body isn't like everyone else's--let alone another 22-year olds body. I want so bad sometimes to be like everyone else my age and be able to just go and go and do everything and whatever I want to, but by last night and earlier during the day yesterday, I began realizing...or more like being smacked by the realization that I'm not a 'typical 22-year old'. I've been overdoing it really bad the last few days and by Friday and Saturday, I was hurting horrible, didn't feel well, and by about 7:30pm last night, I just feel asleep on the couch for the night! So, even though it's hard to realize and accept sometimes, I'm learning that I do need to let myself rest, not overdo it, and realize that that's okay.
Anyways...Besides that...Today has been a beautiful day as I have been able to go to church, feel of the Spirit, watch the beautiful snow fall, spend time with my family, and be able to receive a Priesthood blessing from my Home Teacher, Bro. Pippen, and Bishop Hadley.
Also, like I stated at the beginning of this entry, my mom and I are getting ready to fly out to Colorado on Tuesday morning. I have an MRI and some strength and range of motion testing that evening. Wednesday morning I have a doctor's (pre-op) appointment to go over everything and then surgery will be that, Wednesday, afternoon. Finally, we should (as long as the weather cooperates for us...haha) be home Sunday evening!

1 comment: