Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Surgery Day...

Well today's the big day...I go in for my hip surgery--to help reconstruct my hip! Yesterday my mom and I flew from Salt Lake to Denver and then from Denver to Vail/Eagle. Last night I had an MRI on my hip--which was not very pleasant! I've had LOTS of MRIs before, but I think this one was a mixture of being in lots of pain from flying so much and the fact that they had to place a weight hanging on the end of my leg--pulling on it...which HURT! I ended up having to have them take it off because of the pain! After that great experience though, it was up to the doctor's office for some strength and range of motion testing and then off to get lab work done. Finally, around 7pm last night we were done for the night, so my mom and I went to Denny's to get some yummy dinner (well, more like breakfast for dinner :) ), and then back to the hotel to just rest the remainder of the night.
I wasn't able to sleep real well last night--I'm pretty nervous, anxious, and scared for what today will bring. So, at about 4:30am I just turned the tv on and watch Christmas movies on tv. Now, it's off to hurry and get ready for the day--jump in the shower, get ready, and head back to the hospital for a doctor's appointment this morning (to go over everything that will be going on today) and then surgery this afternoon.
Thank you SO much to all my wonderful family and friends for all their love, care, and support through all of this! And thank you for all the sweet posts/comments on here...I really appreciate the support, prayers, care, and strength through each of you and I love to read them! Thanks for everything! Here goes nothing...

2 comments:

  1. I hope it went well! We're still praying for you and your mom! :D Can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're surgery went well and that you're recovering. I'm looking forward to hearing how it went. I'm always thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete