Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Update...

Sorry it has been SO long since my last post! But, here's an update as to what's going on...
I had all the testing done to check my adrenal, pituitary, and thyroid glands for any insufficiency and all tests came back normal! So that's very exciting and such a relief! Also, I went and met with the new neurologist--Dr. Skuster--and she has diagnosed me with something called daily onset headaches. No pseudotumor cerebri which is also excellent news! Yea! For the daily onset headaches, she said it can be very common in people with a past history of migraines (which I've had), so they have me on some medicine to help with that.
Since all of those tests have now come back normal and all of that is cleared, I am having surgery on my hip. I talked to the doctor's office in Colorado this week, and the surgery is schedule for Wednesday December 16th. My mom and I will fly out for Vail on Tuesday the 15th, surgery will be Wednesday the 16th, and then we will fly back home on Sunday Dec. 20th! This surgery will not be arthroscopic though, they are going to have to open up my hip, take out a section of my IT band and use it to reconstruct a new hip capsule!
Other things...I have a back brace now--not too bad of one (it reminds me more of a corset)...it wraps around my torso--because I have "bilateral pars defect" or in other words, a slight fracture on each side of my spine (on the vertebrae), a slight bulging disc (not too bad), and mild scoliosis. I also have a few braces/splints for my fingers to help them because of the laxity and hyperextending of them.
Things have been going pretty good though...I was able to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family! I was able to meet up with some great friends from up at school (Justin, Jordan, Laurel, Corinne, Niki, and Vanessa) for lunch! I went to the temple yesterday with Emily, and we've got to have some fun hang out days! And always great hang out days, movie nights, ice cream trips, and lots of laughing with Jenna! I am SO blessed to have such amazing and wonderful family and friends!!! Thank you!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a back brace I had to sleep in for scoliosis. Man I hated that thing. Your's sounds better though. Good luck with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete